WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sleeper, slumberer, rester
- usage: a rester who is sleeping
- 2. sleeper, spy, undercover agent, saboteur, wrecker, diversionist, terrorist
- usage: a spy or saboteur or terrorist planted in an enemy country who lives there as a law-abiding citizen until activated by a prearranged signal
- 3. sleeper, achiever, winner, success, succeeder
- usage: an unexpected achiever of success; "the winner was a true sleeper--no one expected him to get it"
- 4. tie, railroad tie, crosstie, sleeper, brace, bracing
- usage: one of the cross braces that support the rails on a railway track; "the British call a railroad tie a sleeper"
- 5. sleeping car, sleeper, wagon-lit, passenger car, coach, carriage
- usage: a passenger car that has berths for sleeping
- 6. sleeper, pajama, pyjama, pj's, jammies
- usage: pajamas with feet; worn by children
- 7. sleeper, furniture, piece of furniture, article of furniture
- usage: a piece of furniture that can be opened up into a bed
- 8. sleeper, sleeper goby, percoid fish, percoid, percoidean
- usage: tropical fish that resembles a goby and rests quietly on the bottom in shallow water
- 9. sleeper, hit, smash, smasher, strike, bang
- usage: an unexpected hit; "that movie was the sleeper of the summer"
All rights reserved.
See also: sleeper (Dictionary)