- 1. slave, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: a person who is owned by someone
- 2. slave, striver, hard worker, worker
- usage: someone who works as hard as a slave
- 3. slave, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: someone entirely dominated by some influence or person; "a slave to fashion"; "a slave to cocaine"; "his mother was his abject slave"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. slave, break one's back, buckle down, knuckle down, work, do work
- usage: work very hard, like a slave
All rights reserved.
See also: slave (Dictionary)