- 1. slate, slating, roofing material
- usage: thin layers of rock used for roofing
- 2. slating, criticism, unfavorable judgment
- usage: a severely critical attack; "the reviewers gave his book a sound slating"
- 3. slating, roofing
- usage: the act of laying slates for a roof
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. slate, intend, destine, designate, specify
- usage: designate or schedule; "He slated his talk for 9 AM"; "She was slated to be his successor"
- 2. slate, cross-file, register
- usage: enter on a list or slate for an election; "He was slated for borough president"
- 3. slate, roof
- usage: cover with slate; "slate the roof"
All rights reserved.
See also: slating (Dictionary)