- 1. slash, cut down, cut
- usage: cut with sweeping strokes; as with an ax or machete
- 2. flog, welt, whip, lather, lash, slash, strap, trounce, beat, beat up, work over
- usage: beat severely with a whip or rod; "The teacher often flogged the students"; "The children were severely trounced"
- 3. slash, gash, cut
- usage: cut open; "she slashed her wrists"
- 4. slash, reduce, cut down, cut back, trim, trim down, trim back, cut, bring down
- usage: cut drastically; "Prices were slashed"
- 5. convulse, thresh, thresh about, thrash, thrash about, slash, toss, jactitate, shake, agitate
- usage: move or stir about violently; "The feverish patient thrashed around in his bed"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. slashing, dynamic (vs. undynamic), dynamical
- usage: as if striking with slashing blows; "his slashing demon-ridden cadenza"
All rights reserved.
See also: slashing (Dictionary)