Synonyms of slash
- 1. cut, gash, slash, slice, wound, lesion
- usage: a wound made by cutting; "he put a bandage over the cut"
- 2. slash, land, dry land, earth, ground, solid ground, terra firma
- usage: an open tract of land in a forest that is strewn with debris from logging (or fire or wind)
- 3. solidus, slash, virgule, diagonal, stroke, separatrix, punctuation, punctuation mark
- usage: a punctuation mark (/) used to separate related items of information
- 4. slash, gash, cut, cutting
- usage: a strong sweeping cut made with a sharp instrument
- 1. slash, cut down, cut
- usage: cut with sweeping strokes; as with an ax or machete
- 2. flog, welt, whip, lather, lash, slash, strap, trounce, beat, beat up, work over
- usage: beat severely with a whip or rod; "The teacher often flogged the students"; "The children were severely trounced"
- 3. slash, gash, cut
- usage: cut open; "she slashed her wrists"
- 4. slash, reduce, cut down, cut back, trim, trim down, trim back, cut, bring down
- usage: cut drastically; "Prices were slashed"
- 5. convulse, thresh, thresh about, thrash, thrash about, slash, toss, jactitate, shake, agitate
- usage: move or stir about violently; "The feverish patient thrashed around in his bed"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of slash (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.