- 1. slapstick, comedy
- usage: a boisterous comedy with chases and collisions and practical jokes
- 2. slapstick, acoustic device
- usage: acoustic device consisting of two paddles hinged together; used by an actor to make a loud noise without inflicting injury when striking someone
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. slapstick, humorous (vs. humorless), humourous
- usage: characterized by horseplay and physical action; "slapstick style of humor"
All rights reserved.
See also: slapstick (Dictionary)