- 1. slander, defamation, calumny, calumniation, obloquy, traducement, hatchet job, speech act
- usage: words falsely spoken that damage the reputation of another
- 2. aspersion, calumny, slander, defamation, denigration, attack
- usage: an abusive attack on a person's character or good name
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. defame, slander, smirch, asperse, denigrate, calumniate, smear, sully, besmirch, charge, accuse
- usage: charge falsely or with malicious intent; attack the good name and reputation of someone; "The journalists have defamed me!" "The article in the paper sullied my reputation"
All rights reserved.
See also: slander (Dictionary)