- 1. slam, sweep, victory, triumph
- usage: winning all or all but one of the tricks in bridge
- 2. slam, noise
- usage: the noise made by the forceful impact of two objects
- 3. slam, impact
- usage: a forceful impact that makes a loud noise
- 4. shot, shaft, slam, dig, barb, jibe, gibe, remark, comment, input
- usage: an aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect; "his parting shot was `drop dead'"; "she threw shafts of sarcasm"; "she takes a dig at me every chance she gets"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. slam, bang, close, shut
- usage: close violently; "He slammed the door shut"
- 2. slam, bang, hit
- usage: strike violently; "slam the ball"
- 3. slam dance, slam, mosh, thrash, dance, trip the light fantastic, trip the light fantastic toe
- usage: dance the slam dance
- 4. slam, flap down, throw
- usage: throw violently; "He slammed the book on the table"
All rights reserved.
See also: slam (Dictionary)