Synonyms of skipjack
- 1. skipjack, skipjack tuna, Euthynnus pelamis, scombroid, scombroid fish
- usage: oceanic schooling tuna of considerable value in Pacific but less in Atlantic; reaches 75 pounds; very similar to if not the same as oceanic bonito
- 2. skipjack, Atlantic bonito, Sarda sarda, bonito
- usage: medium-sized tuna-like food fish of warm Atlantic and Pacific waters; less valued than tuna
- 3. click beetle, skipjack, snapping beetle, elaterid beetle, elater, elaterid
- usage: able to right itself when on its back by flipping into the air with a clicking sound
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of skipjack (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.