- 1. skip, gait
- usage: a gait in which steps and hops alternate
- 2. omission, skip, mistake, error, fault
- usage: a mistake resulting from neglect
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. jump, pass over, skip, skip over, neglect, pretermit, omit, drop, miss, leave out, overlook, overleap
- usage: bypass; "He skipped a row in the text and so the sentence was incomprehensible"
- 2. cut, skip, miss
- usage: intentionally fail to attend; "cut class"
- 3. hop, skip, hop-skip, jump, leap, bound, spring
- usage: jump lightly
- 4. decamp, skip, vamoose, leave, go forth, go away
- usage: leave suddenly; "She persuaded him to decamp"; "skip town"
- 5. skip, bound off, bounce, resile, take a hop, spring, bound, rebound, recoil, reverberate, ricochet
- usage: bound off one point after another
- 6. skim, skip, skitter, throw
- usage: cause to skip over a surface; "Skip a stone across the pond"
All rights reserved.
See also: skip (Dictionary)