- 1. skin, tegument, cutis, connective tissue, body covering
- usage: a natural protective body covering and site of the sense of touch; "your skin is the largest organ of your body"
- 2. skin, surface
- usage: an outer surface (usually thin); "the skin of an airplane"
- 3. hide, pelt, skin, body covering
- usage: body covering of a living animal
- 4. skin, animation, life, living, aliveness
- usage: a person's skin regarded as their life; "he tried to save his skin"
- 5. peel, skin, rind
- usage: the rind of a fruit or vegetable
- 6. skin, bag
- usage: a bag serving as a container for liquids; it is made from the hide of an animal
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. clamber, scramble, shin, shinny, skin, struggle, sputter, climb
- usage: climb awkwardly, as if by scrambling
- 2. skin, scrape, injure, wound
- usage: bruise, cut, or injure the skin or the surface of; "The boy skinned his knee when he fell"
- 3. bark, skin, strip
- usage: remove the bark of a tree
- 4. skin, peel, pare, strip
- usage: strip the skin off; "pare apples"
All rights reserved.
See also: skin (Dictionary)