- 1. skim, covering, natural covering, cover
- usage: a thin layer covering the surface of a liquid; "there was a thin skim of oil on the water"
- 2. skim, skimming, reading
- usage: reading or glancing through quickly
- 1. plane, skim, glide
- usage: travel on the surface of water
- 2. skim over, skim, touch
- usage: move or pass swiftly and lightly over the surface of
- 3. scan, skim, rake, glance over, run down, examine, see
- usage: examine hastily; "She scanned the newspaper headlines while waiting for the taxi"
- 4. skim, skip, skitter, throw
- usage: cause to skip over a surface; "Skip a stone across the pond"
- 5. skim, coat, surface
- usage: coat (a liquid) with a layer
- 6. skim, skim off, cream off, cream, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: remove from the surface; "skim cream from the surface of milk"
- 7. skim, skim over, read
- usage: read superficially
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. skim, skimmed, nonfat (vs. fatty), fat-free, fatless
- usage: used of milk and milk products from which the cream has been removed; "yogurt made with skim milk"; "she can drink skimmed milk but should avoid butter"
All rights reserved.
See also: skim (Dictionary)