- 1. skid, board, plank
- usage: one of a pair of planks used to make a track for rolling or sliding objects
- 2. brake shoe, shoe, skid, restraint, constraint
- usage: a restraint provided when the brake linings are moved hydraulically against the brake drum to retard the wheel's rotation
- 3. skid, slip, sideslip, slide, glide, coast
- usage: an unexpected slide
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. skid, skid, slip, slue, slew, slide
- usage: slide without control; "the car skidded in the curve on the wet road"
- 2. skid, raise, lift, elevate, get up, bring up
- usage: elevate onto skids
- 3. skid, brake
- usage: apply a brake or skid to
- 4. skid, slip, slue, slew, slide, glide
- usage: move obliquely or sideways, usually in an uncontrolled manner; "the wheels skidded against the sidewalk"
All rights reserved.
See also: skid (Dictionary)