WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. skeleton, minimum, lower limit
- usage: something reduced to its minimal form; "the battalion was a mere skeleton of its former self"; "the bare skeleton of a novel"
- 2. skeleton, skeleton in the closet, skeleton in the cupboard, scandal, outrage
- usage: a scandal that is kept secret; "there must be a skeleton somewhere in that family's closet"
- 3. skeletal system, skeleton, frame, systema skeletale, system
- usage: the hard structure (bones and cartilages) that provides a frame for the body of an animal
- 4. skeleton, skeletal frame, frame, underframe, supporting structure
- usage: the internal supporting structure that gives an artifact its shape; "the building has a steel skeleton"
All rights reserved.
See also: skeleton (Dictionary)