- 1. size, magnitude
- usage: the physical magnitude of something (how big it is); "a wolf is about the size of a large dog"
- 2. size, property
- usage: the property resulting from being one of a series of graduated measurements (as of clothing); "he wears a size 13 shoe"
- 3. size, sizing, filler
- usage: any glutinous material used to fill pores in surfaces or to stiffen fabrics; "size gives body to a fabric"
- 4. size, size of it, situation, state of affairs
- usage: the actual state of affairs; "that's the size of the situation"; "she hates me, that's about the size of it"
- 5. size, magnitude
- usage: a large magnitude; "he blanched when he saw the size of the bill"; "the only city of any size in that area"
- 1. size, coat, surface
- usage: cover or stiffen or glaze a porous material with size or sizing (a glutinous substance)
- 2. size, classify, class, sort, assort, sort out, separate
- usage: sort according to size
- 3. size, change magnitude
- usage: make to a size; bring to a suitable size
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. size, sized (vs. unsized)
- usage: (used in combination) sized; "the economy-size package"; "average-size house"
All rights reserved.
See also: size (Dictionary)