WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. situation, state of affairs, state
- usage: the general state of things; the combination of circumstances at a given time; "the present international situation is dangerous"; "wondered how such a state of affairs had come about"; "eternal truths will be neither true nor eternal unless they have fresh meaning for every new social situation"- Franklin D.Roosevelt
- 2. situation, position, condition, status
- usage: a condition or position in which you find yourself; "the unpleasant situation (or position) of having to choose between two evils"; "found herself in a very fortunate situation"
- 3. situation, difficulty
- usage: a complex or critical or unusual difficulty; "the dangerous situation developed suddenly"; "that's quite a situation"; "no human situation is simple"
- 4. site, situation, position, place
- usage: physical position in relation to the surroundings; "the sites are determined by highly specific sequences of nucleotides"
- 5. position, post, berth, office, spot, billet, place, situation, occupation, business, job, line of work, line
- usage: a job in an organization; "he occupied a post in the treasury"
All rights reserved.
See also: situation (Dictionary)