- 1. situate, locate, determine, find, find out, ascertain
- usage: determine or indicate the place, site, or limits of, as if by an instrument or by a survey; "Our sense of sight enables us to locate objects in space"; "Locate the boundaries of the property"
- 2. situate, fix, posit, deposit, put, set, place, pose, position, lay
- usage: put (something somewhere) firmly; "She posited her hand on his shoulder"; "deposit the suitcase on the bench"; "fix your eyes on this spot"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. located, placed, set, situated, settled (vs. unsettled)
- usage: situated in a particular spot or position; "valuable centrally located urban land"; "strategically placed artillery"; "a house set on a hilltop"; "nicely situated on a quiet riverbank"
All rights reserved.
See also: situated (Dictionary)