Synonyms of sit
- 1. sit, sit down
- usage: be seated
- 2. sit, sit around, be
- usage: be around, often idly or without specific purpose; "The object sat in the corner"; "We sat around chatting for another hour"
- 3. sit down, sit, change posture
- usage: take a seat
- 4. sit, convene
- usage: be in session; "When does the court of law sit?"
- 5. model, pose, sit, posture, expose, exhibit, display
- usage: assume a posture as for artistic purposes; "We don't know the woman who posed for Leonardo so often"
- 6. ride, sit, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: sit and travel on the back of animal, usually while controlling its motions; "She never sat a horse!"; "Did you ever ride a camel?"; "The girl liked to drive the young mare"
- 7. sit, be
- usage: be located or situated somewhere; "The White House sits on Pennsylvania Avenue"
- 8. baby-sit, sit, guard
- usage: work or act as a baby-sitter; "I cannot baby-sit tonight; I have too much homework to do"
- 9. seat, sit, sit down, put, set, place, pose, position, lay
- usage: show to a seat; assign a seat for; "The host seated me next to Mrs. Smith"
- 10. sit, serve
- usage: serve in a specific professional capacity; "the priest sat for confession"; "she sat on the jury"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of sit (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.