WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sister, sis, female sibling
- usage: a female person who has the same parents as another person; "my sister married a musician"
- 2. Sister, nun
- usage: (Roman Catholic Church) a title given to a nun (and used as a form of address); "the Sisters taught her to love God"
- 3. sister, member, fellow member
- usage: a female person who is a fellow member of a sorority or labor union or other group; "none of her sisters would betray her"
- 4. baby, babe, sister, girl, miss, missy, young lady, young woman, fille
- usage: (slang) sometimes used as a term of address for attractive young women
All rights reserved.
See also: sister (Dictionary)