- 1. sire, Lord, noble, nobleman
- usage: a title of address formerly used for a man of rank and authority
- 2. forefather, father, sire, ancestor, ascendant, ascendent, antecedent, root
- usage: the founder of a family; "keep the faith of our forefathers"
- 3. sire, male
- usage: male parent of an animal especially a domestic animal such as a horse
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. beget, get, engender, father, mother, sire, generate, bring forth, make, create
- usage: make children; "Abraham begot Isaac"; "Men often father children but don't recognize them"
All rights reserved.
See also: sire (Dictionary)