- 1. Sioux, Siouan, Plains Indian, Buffalo Indian
- usage: a member of a group of North American Indian peoples who spoke a Siouan language and who ranged from Lake Michigan to the Rocky Mountains
- 2. Siouan, Siouan language, Amerind, Amerindian language, American-Indian language, American Indian, Indian
- usage: a family of North American Indian languages spoken by the Sioux
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Siouan
- usage: of or relating to the Sioux people or their language and culture
All rights reserved.
See also: siouan (Dictionary)