WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fistula, sinus, passage, passageway
- usage: an abnormal passage leading from a suppurating cavity to the body surface
- 2. sinus, cavity, bodily cavity, cavum
- usage: any of various air-filled cavities especially in the bones of the skull
- 3. venous sinus, sinus, duct, epithelial duct, canal, channel
- usage: a wide channel containing blood; does not have the coating of an ordinary blood vessel
All rights reserved.
See also: sinus (Dictionary)