WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. earnestness, seriousness, sincerity, gravity, solemnity
- usage: an earnest and sincere feeling
- 2. sincerity, truthfulness
- usage: the quality of being open and truthful; not deceitful or hypocritical; "his sincerity inspired belief"; "they demanded some proof of my sincerity"
- 3. sincerity, unassumingness, naturalness
- usage: a quality of naturalness and simplicity; "the simple sincerity of folk songs"
- 4. seriousness, earnestness, serious-mindedness, sincerity, trait
- usage: the trait of being serious; "a lack of solemnity is not necessarily a lack of seriousness"- Robert Rice
All rights reserved.
See also: sincerity (Dictionary)