Synonyms of sin
- 1. sin, sinfulness, wickedness, unrighteousness
- usage: estrangement from god
- 2. sin, sinning, transgression, evildoing
- usage: an act that is regarded by theologians as a transgression of God's will
- 3. sine, sin, trigonometric function, circular function
- usage: ratio of the length of the side opposite the given angle to the length of the hypotenuse of a right-angled triangle
- 4. Sin
- usage: (Akkadian) god of the Moon; counterpart of Sumerian Nanna
- 5. sin, letter, letter of the alphabet, alphabetic character
- usage: the 21st letter of the Hebrew alphabet
- 6. sin, hell, activity
- usage: violent and excited activity; "they began to fight like sin"
- 1. sin, transgress, trespass, transgress, offend, infract, violate, go against, breach, break
- usage: commit a sin; violate a law of God or a moral law
- 2. drop the ball, sin, blunder, boob, goof, transgress, offend, infract, violate, go against, breach, break
- usage: commit a faux pas or a fault or make a serious mistake; "I blundered during the job interview"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of sin (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.