WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. simulation, model, modelling, modeling
- usage: the act of imitating the behavior of some situation or some process by means of something suitably analogous (especially for the purpose of study or personnel training)
- 2. simulation, computer simulation, technique, model, theoretical account, framework
- usage: (computer science) the technique of representing the real world by a computer program; "a simulation should imitate the internal processes and not merely the results of the thing being simulated"
- 3. model, simulation, representation
- usage: representation of something (sometimes on a smaller scale)
- 4. pretense, pretence, pretending, simulation, feigning, deception, deceit, dissembling, dissimulation
- usage: the act of giving a false appearance; "his conformity was only pretending"
All rights reserved.
See also: simulation (Dictionary)