WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. imitate, copy, simulate, reproduce
- usage: reproduce someone's behavior or looks; "The mime imitated the passers-by"; "Children often copy their parents or older siblings"
- 2. model, simulate, re-create
- usage: create a representation or model of; "The pilots are trained in conditions simulating high-altitude flights"
- 3. simulate, assume, sham, feign, dissemble, pretend, act
- usage: make a pretence of; "She assumed indifference, even though she was seething with anger"; "he feigned sleep"
All rights reserved.
See also: simulate (Dictionary)