WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. simplicity, simpleness, quality
- usage: the quality of being simple or uncompounded; "the simplicity of a crystal"
- 2. simplicity, simpleness, simple mindedness, naivete, naivety, naiveness
- usage: a lack of penetration or subtlety; "they took advantage of her simplicity"
- 3. simplicity, simmpleness, naturalness
- usage: absence of affectation or pretense
- 4. ease, easiness, simplicity, simpleness, quality
- usage: freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort; "he rose through the ranks with apparent ease"; "they put it into containers for ease of transportation"; "the very easiness of the deed held her back"
- 5. chasteness, restraint, simplicity, simpleness, plainness
- usage: lack of ornamentation; "the room was simply decorated with great restraint"
All rights reserved.
See also: simplicity (Dictionary)