WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. similar (vs. dissimilar), akin(predicate), kindred, analogous, correspondent, confusable, mistakable, connatural, corresponding, quasi(prenominal), sympathetic, same
- usage: marked by correspondence or resemblance; "similar food at similar prices"; "problems similar to mine"; "they wore similar coats"
- 2. alike(predicate) (vs. unalike), similar, like
- usage: having the same or similar characteristics; "all politicians are alike"; "they looked utterly alike"; "friends are generally alike in background and taste"
- 3. like (vs. unlike), similar, like-minded, look-alike, suchlike, same
- usage: resembling or similar; having the same or some of the same characteristics; often used in combination; "suits of like design"; "a limited circle of like minds"; "members of the cat family have like dispositions"; "as like as two peas in a pod"; "doglike devotion"; "a dreamlike quality"
- 4. similar, synonymous (vs. antonymous)
- usage: (of words) expressing closely related meanings
- 5. exchangeable, interchangeable, similar, standardized, standardised, replaceable (vs. irreplaceable)
- usage: capable of replacing or changing places with something else; permitting mutual substitution without loss of function or suitability; "interchangeable electric outlets" "interchangeable parts"
All rights reserved.
See also: similar (Dictionary)