WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. silvern, silvery, euphonious (vs. cacophonous), euphonous
- usage: resembling or reminiscent of silver; "a soft silvern voice"; "singing in her silvery tones"
- 2. silver, silvern, silvery, bright (vs. dull)
- usage: having the white lustrous sheen of silver; "a land of silver (or silvern) rivers where the salmon leap"; "repeated scrubbings have given the wood a silvery sheen"
- 3. argent, silver, silvery, silverish, achromatic (vs. chromatic), neutral
- usage: of lustrous grey; covered with or tinged with the color of silver; "silvery hair"
All rights reserved.
See also: silvery (Dictionary)