- 1. silver, Ag, atomic number 47, noble metal, conductor
- usage: a soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal; occurs in argentite and in free form; used in coins and jewelry and tableware and photography
- 2. silver, precious metal
- usage: coins made of silver
- 3. ash grey, ash gray, silver, silver grey, silver gray, gray, grayness, grey, greyness
- usage: a light shade of grey
- 4. flatware, silver, silverware
- usage: silverware eating utensils
- 5. silver medal, silver, trophy, prize
- usage: a trophy made of silver (or having the appearance of silver) that is usually awarded for winning second place in a competition
- 1. silver, plate
- usage: coat with a layer of silver or a silver amalgam; "silver the necklace"
- 2. silver, color, colorize, colorise, colourise, colourize, colour, color in, colour in
- usage: make silver in color; "Her worries had silvered her hair"
- 3. silver, discolor, discolour, colour, color
- usage: turn silver; "The man's hair silvered very attractively"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. silver, metallic (vs. nonmetallic), metal(prenominal)
- usage: made from or largely consisting of silver; "silver bracelets"
- 2. silver, silvern, silvery, bright (vs. dull)
- usage: having the white lustrous sheen of silver; "a land of silver (or silvern) rivers where the salmon leap"; "repeated scrubbings have given the wood a silvery sheen"
- 3. argent, silver, silvery, silverish, achromatic (vs. chromatic), neutral
- usage: of lustrous grey; covered with or tinged with the color of silver; "silvery hair"
- 4. eloquent, facile, fluent, silver, silver-tongued, smooth-spoken, articulate (vs. inarticulate)
- usage: expressing yourself readily, clearly, effectively; "able to dazzle with his facile tongue"; "silver speech"
All rights reserved.
See also: silver (Dictionary)