Synonyms of silenced
- 1. hush, quieten, silence, still, shut up, hush up, suppress, stamp down, inhibit, subdue, conquer, curb
- usage: cause to be quiet or not talk; "Please silence the children in the church!"
- 2. silence, suppress, stamp down, inhibit, subdue, conquer, curb
- usage: keep from expression, for example by threats or pressure; "All dissenters were silenced when the dictator assumed power"
- 1. silenced (vs. unsilenced), suppressed
- usage: reduced to silence; "the silenced crowd waited expectantly"
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.