WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. significance, importance
- usage: the quality of being significant; "do not underestimate the significance of nuclear power"
- 2. significance, import, implication, meaning, substance
- usage: a meaning that is not expressly stated but can be inferred; "the significance of his remark became clear only later"; "the expectation was spread both by word and by implication"
- 3. meaning, significance, signification, import, message, content, subject matter, substance
- usage: the message that is intended or expressed or signified; "what is the meaning of this sentence"; "the significance of a red traffic light"; "the signification of Chinese characters"; "the import of his announcement was ambiguous"
All rights reserved.
See also: significance (Dictionary)