usage: a range of mental vision; "in his sight she could do no wrong"
5. sight, position, view, perspective
usage: the range of vision; "out of sight of land"
6. sight, ken, compass, range, reach, grasp
usage: the act of looking or seeing or observing; "he tried to get a better view of it"; "his survey of the battlefield was limited"
7. view, survey, sight, look, looking, looking at
usage: (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent; "a batch of letters"; "a deal of trouble"; "a lot of money"; "he made a mint on the stock market"; "see the rest of the winners in our huge passel of photos"; "it must have cost plenty"; "a slew of journalists"; "a wad of money"
1. spy, sight, perceive, comprehend
usage: catch sight of; to perceive with the eyes; "he caught sight of the king's men coming over the ridge"
2. sight, aim, take, train, take aim, direct
usage: take aim by looking through the sights of a gun (or other device)