- 1. crabwise, sideways, oblique (vs. parallel) (vs. perpendicular)
- usage: (of movement) at an angle
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sideways, sideway, sidewise
- usage: with one side forward or to the front; "turned sideways to show the profile"; "crabs seeming to walk sidewise"
- 2. sideway, sideways, sidewise
- usage: from the side; obliquely; "a picture lit sideways"; "scenes viewed sidewise"
- 3. sideways, sideway, sidewise
- usage: toward one side; "the car slipped sideways into the ditch"; "leaning sideways"; "a figure moving sidewise in the shadows"
- 4. sidelong, sideways, obliquely
- usage: to, toward or at one side; "darting eyes looking sidelong out of a wizened face"
All rights reserved.
See also: sideways (Dictionary)