- 1. sideline, out of bounds, line
- usage: a line that marks the side boundary of a playing field
- 2. sideline, line, product line, line of products, line of merchandise, business line, line of business
- usage: an auxiliary line of merchandise
- 3. avocation, by-line, hobby, pursuit, sideline, spare-time activity, pastime, interest, pursuit
- usage: an auxiliary activity
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sideline, demote, bump, relegate, break, kick downstairs
- usage: remove from the center of activity or attention; place into an inferior position; "The outspoken cabinet member was sidelined by the President"
All rights reserved.
See also: sideline (Dictionary)