WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sibilate, pronounce, articulate, enounce, sound out, enunciate, say
- usage: pronounce with an initial sibilant
- 2. sibilate, utter, emit, let out, let loose
- usage: utter a sibilant
- 3. hiss, sizz, siss, sibilate, talk, speak, utter, mouth, verbalize, verbalise
- usage: express or utter with a hiss
- 4. hiss, siss, sizz, sibilate, utter, emit, let out, let loose
- usage: make a sharp hissing sound, as if to show disapproval
All rights reserved.
See also: sibilate (Dictionary)