WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. silicon, Si, atomic number 14, chemical element, element, semiconductor, semiconducting material
- usage: a tetravalent nonmetallic element; next to oxygen it is the most abundant element in the earth's crust; occurs in clay and feldspar and granite and quartz and sand; used as a semiconductor in transistors
- 2. Systeme International d'Unites, Systeme International, SI system, SI, SI unit, International System of Units, International System, metric system
- usage: a complete metric system of units of measurement for scientists; fundamental quantities are length (meter) and mass (kilogram) and time (second) and electric current (ampere) and temperature (kelvin) and amount of matter (mole) and luminous intensity (candela); "Today the United States is the only country in the world not totally committed to the Systeme International d'Unites"
- 3. ti, te, si, solfa syllable
- usage: the syllable naming the seventh (subtonic) note of any musical scale in solmization
All rights reserved.
See also: si (Dictionary)