Synonyms of shut up
- 1. close up, clam up, dummy up, shut up, belt up, button up, be quiet, keep mum
- usage: refuse to talk or stop talking; fall silent; "The children shut up when their father approached"
- 2. lock in, lock away, lock, put away, shut up, shut away, lock up, confine
- usage: place in a place where something cannot be removed or someone cannot escape; "The parents locked her daughter up for the weekend"; "She locked her jewels in the safe"
- 3. hush, quieten, silence, still, shut up, hush up, suppress, stamp down, inhibit, subdue, conquer, curb
- usage: cause to be quiet or not talk; "Please silence the children in the church!"
- 1. pent, shut up(predicate), confined (vs. unconfined)
- usage: closely confined
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.