- 1. shroud, line
- usage: a line that suspends the harness from the canopy of a parachute
- 2. sheet, tack, mainsheet, weather sheet, shroud, line
- usage: (nautical) a line (rope or chain) that regulates the angle at which a sail is set in relation to the wind
- 3. pall, shroud, cerement, winding-sheet, winding-clothes, burial garment
- usage: burial garment in which a corpse is wrapped
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. shroud, enshroud, hide, cover, envelop, enfold, enwrap, wrap, enclose
- usage: cover as if with a shroud; "The origins of this civilization are shrouded in mystery"
- 2. shroud, cover, spread over
- usage: form a cover like a shroud; "Mist shrouded the castle"
- 3. shroud, wrap, wrap up
- usage: wrap in a shroud; "shroud the corpses"
All rights reserved.
See also: shroud (Dictionary)