WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. flamboyant, showy, splashy, ostentatious (vs. unostentatious), pretentious
- usage: marked by ostentation but often tasteless; "a cheap showy rhinestone bracelet"; "a splashy half-page ad"
- 2. showy, theatrical (vs. untheatrical)
- usage: displaying brilliance and virtuosity
- 3. flashy, gaudy, jazzy, showy, sporty, colorful (vs. colorless), colourful (vs. colourless)
- usage: (used especially of clothes) marked by conspicuous display
- 4. glossy, showy, attractive (vs. unattractive)
- usage: superficially attractive and stylish; suggesting wealth or expense; "a glossy TV series"
All rights reserved.
See also: showy (Dictionary)