- 1. shovel, hand tool
- usage: a hand tool for lifting loose material; consists of a curved container or scoop and a handle
- 2. shovel, shovelful, spadeful, containerful
- usage: the quantity a shovel can hold
- 3. shovel, fire iron
- usage: a fire iron consisting of a small shovel used to scoop coals or ashes in a fireplace
- 4. power shovel, excavator, digger, shovel, machine
- usage: a machine for excavating
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. shovel, dig, delve, cut into, turn over
- usage: dig with or as if with a shovel; "shovel sand"; "he shovelled in the backyard all afternoon long"
All rights reserved.
See also: shovel (Dictionary)