- 1. shoot, sprout
- usage: a new branch
- 2. shoot, shooting, shot
- usage: the act of shooting at targets; "they hold a shoot every weekend during the summer"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. shoot, hit, pip, injure, wound
- usage: hit with a missile from a weapon
- 2. shoot, pip, kill
- usage: kill by firing a missile
- 3. blast, shoot, fire, discharge
- usage: fire a shot; "the gunman blasted away"
- 4. film, shoot, take, record, enter, put down
- usage: make a film or photograph of something; "take a scene"; "shoot a movie"
- 5. shoot, project, cast, contrive, throw
- usage: send forth suddenly, intensely, swiftly; "shoot a glance"
- 6. dart, dash, scoot, scud, flash, shoot, rush, hotfoot, hasten, hie, speed, race, pelt along, rush along, cannonball along, bucket along, belt along, step on it
- usage: run or move very quickly or hastily; "She dashed into the yard"
- 7. tear, shoot, shoot down, charge, buck, rush, hotfoot, hasten, hie, speed, race, pelt along, rush along, cannonball along, bucket along, belt along, step on it
- usage: move quickly and violently; "The car tore down the street"; "He came charging into my office"
- 8. shoot, hit
- usage: throw or propel in a specific direction or towards a specific objective; "shoot craps"; "shoot a golf ball"
- 9. photograph, snap, shoot, record, enter, put down
- usage: record on photographic film; "I photographed the scene of the accident"; "She snapped a picture of the President"
- 10. shoot, emit, give out, give off
- usage: emit (as light, flame, or fumes) suddenly and forcefully; "The dragon shot fumes and flames out of its mouth"
- 11. shoot, ache, smart, hurt
- usage: cause a sharp and sudden pain in; "The pain shot up her leg"
- 12. inject, shoot, insert, enclose, inclose, stick in, put in, introduce
- usage: force or drive (a fluid or gas) into by piercing; "inject hydrogen into the balloon"
- 13. shoot, weave, interweave
- usage: variegate by interweaving weft threads of different colors; "shoot cloth"
- 14. shoot, throw
- usage: throw dice, as in a crap game
- 15. fritter, frivol away, dissipate, shoot, fritter away, fool, fool away, consume, squander, waste, ware
- usage: spend frivolously and unwisely; "Fritter away one's inheritance"
- 16. shoot, score, hit, tally, rack up
- usage: score; "shoot a basket"; "shoot a goal"
- 17. shoot, utter, emit, let out, let loose
- usage: utter fast and forcefully; "She shot back an answer"
- 18. shoot, measure, mensurate, measure out
- usage: measure the altitude of by using a sextant; "shoot a star"
- 19. shoot, spud, germinate, pullulate, bourgeon, burgeon forth, sprout, grow
- usage: produce buds, branches, or germinate; "the potatoes sprouted"
- 20. inject, shoot, administer, dispense
- usage: give an injection to; "We injected the glucose into the patient's vein"
All rights reserved.
See also: shoot (Dictionary)