Synonyms of shocked
- 1. shock, floor, ball over, blow out of the water, take aback, surprise
- usage: surprise greatly; knock someone's socks off; "I was floored when I heard that I was promoted"
- 2. shock, offend, scandalize, scandalise, appal, appall, outrage, disgust, revolt, nauseate, sicken, churn up
- usage: strike with disgust or revulsion; "The scandalous behavior of this married woman shocked her friends"
- 3. shock, dismay, alarm, appal, appall, horrify
- usage: strike with horror or terror; "The news of the bombing shocked her"
- 4. shock, collide, clash
- usage: collide violently
- 5. shock, gather, garner, collect, pull together
- usage: collect or gather into shocks; "shock grain"
- 6. shock, treat, care for
- usage: subject to electrical shocks
- 7. traumatize, traumatise, shock, injure, wound
- usage: inflict a trauma upon
- 1. aghast(predicate), appalled, dismayed, shocked, afraid(predicate) (vs. unafraid)
- usage: struck with fear, dread, or consternation
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.