- 1. tremble, shiver, shake, reflex, reflex response, reflex action, instinctive reflex, innate reflex, inborn reflex, unconditioned reflex, physiological reaction
- usage: a reflex motion caused by cold or fear or excitement
- 2. frisson, shiver, chill, quiver, shudder, thrill, tingle, fear, fearfulness, fright
- usage: an almost pleasurable sensation of fright; "a frisson of surprise shot through him"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. shudder, shiver, throb, thrill, tremble
- usage: tremble convulsively, as from fear or excitement
- 2. shiver, shudder, move involuntarily, move reflexively
- usage: shake, as from cold; "The children are shivering--turn on the heat!"
All rights reserved.
See also: shiver (Dictionary)