WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. false buckthorn, chittamwood, chittimwood, shittimwood, black haw, Bumelia lanuginosa, buckthorn
- usage: deciduous tree of southeastern United States and Mexico
- 2. southern buckthorn, shittimwood, shittim, mock orange, Bumelia lycioides, buckthorn
- usage: shrubby thorny deciduous tree of southeastern United States with white flowers and small black drupaceous fruit
- 3. shittimwood, wood
- usage: wood of the shittah tree used to make the ark of the Hebrew Tabernacle
All rights reserved.
See also: shittimwood (Dictionary)