- 1. transportation, shipping, transport, commercial enterprise, business enterprise, business
- usage: the commercial enterprise of moving goods and materials
- 2. shipping, cargo ships, merchant marine, merchant vessels, conveyance, transport
- usage: conveyance provided by the ships belonging to one country or industry
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. transport, send, ship, move, displace
- usage: transport commercially
- 2. ship, hire, engage, employ
- usage: hire for work on a ship
- 3. embark, ship, board, get on
- usage: go on board
- 4. ship, travel, journey
- usage: travel by ship
- 5. ship, put, set, place, pose, position, lay
- usage: place on board a ship; "ship the cargo in the hold of the vessel"
All rights reserved.
See also: shipping (Dictionary)