WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. shiner, black eye, mouse, bruise, contusion
- usage: a swollen bruise caused by a blow to the eye
- 2. shiner, object, physical object
- usage: something that shines (with emitted or reflected light)
- 3. common mackerel, shiner, Scomber scombrus, mackerel
- usage: important food fish of the northern Atlantic and Mediterranean; its body is greenish-blue with dark bars and small if any scales
- 4. shiner, cyprinid, cyprinid fish
- usage: any of numerous small silvery North American cyprinid fishes especially of the genus Notropis
All rights reserved.
See also: shiner (Dictionary)