- 1. radiance, radiancy, shine, effulgence, refulgence, refulgency, brightness
- usage: the quality of being bright and sending out rays of light
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. reflect, shine, emit, give out, give off
- usage: be bright by reflecting or casting light; "Drive carefully--the wet road reflects"
- 2. shine, beam
- usage: emit light; be bright, as of the sun or a light; "The sun shone bright that day"; "The fire beamed on their faces"
- 3. glitter, glisten, glint, gleam, shine, look, appear, seem
- usage: be shiny, as if wet; "His eyes were glistening"
- 4. shine, be
- usage: be distinguished or eminent; "His talent shines"
- 5. shine, be
- usage: be clear and obvious; "A shining example"
- 6. glow, beam, radiate, shine, look, appear, seem
- usage: have a complexion with a strong bright color, such as red or pink; "Her face glowed when she came out of the sauna"
- 7. shine
- usage: throw or flash the light of (a lamp); "Shine the light on that window, please"
- 8. fall, shine, strike, happen, hap, go on, pass off, occur, pass, fall out, come about, take place
- usage: touch or seem as if touching visually or audibly; "Light fell on her face"; "The sun shone on the fields"; "The light struck the golden necklace"; "A strange sound struck my ears"
- 9. glow, beam, radiate, shine, feel, experience
- usage: experience a feeling of well-being or happiness, as from good health or an intense emotion; "She was beaming with joy"; "Her face radiated with happiness"
- 10. polish, smooth, smoothen, shine, fancify, beautify, embellish, prettify
- usage: make (a surface) shine; "shine the silver, please"; "polish my shoes"
All rights reserved.
See also: shine (Dictionary)