- 1. procrastination, cunctation, shillyshally, delay, holdup
- usage: the act of procrastinating; putting off or delaying or defering an action to a later time
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. shillyshally, hover, vibrate, vacillate, oscillate
- usage: be uncertain and vague
- 2. procrastinate, stall, drag one's feet, drag one's heels, shillyshally, dilly-dally, dillydally, delay
- usage: postpone doing what one should be doing; "He did not want to write the letter and procrastinated for days"
All rights reserved.
See also: shillyshally (Dictionary)