WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Sherman, William Tecumseh Sherman
- usage: United States general who was commander of all Union troops in the West; he captured Atlanta and led a destructive march to the sea that cut the Confederacy in two (1820-1891)
- 2. Sherman, Roger Sherman
- usage: American Revolutionary leader and signer of the Declaration of Independence and the Articles of Confederation and the United States Constitution (1721-1793)
- 3. Sherman, Mount Sherman
- usage: a peak in the Rocky Mountains in central Colorado (14,036 feet high)
- 4. Sherman
- usage: a town in northeastern Texas near the Oklahoma border
All rights reserved.
See also: sherman (Dictionary)